Moviola color picture quality is improved for a record and replay system wherein video sampled at a predetermined multiple of the color subcarrier frequency is recorded with each frame or field being disposed on a set of multiple tracks and with only a portion of the recorded information being intended for replay to reconstruct the color Moviola signal. Only pixel groups relating to entire color subcarrier cycles are recorded on the tracks so that a video signal having proper color information can be readily reconstructed therefrom during the Moviola mode. In one preferred embodiment, sequential color subcarrier cycle pixel groups are recorded on separate tracks with those to be replayed during the Moviola mode on a single track so that Moviola pixel groups on the single track can be repeated in sequence when reconstructing the Moviola picture and thereby supply instantaneously coherent information.
* 5,444,575 Method for recording digital data using a set of heads including a pair of co-located heads to record data at a rate lower than the full recording rate possible using the set of heads
* 5,805,762 Video recording device compatible transmitter
* 5,933,567 Method and apparatus for controlling the position of the heads of a digital video tape recorder during trick play operation and for recording digital data on a tape
* 5,778,143 Method and apparatus for the selection of data for use in VTR trick playback operation in a system using progressive picture refresh
* 5,717,816 Method and apparatus for the selection of data for use in VTR trick playback operation in a system using intra-coded video frames
* 5,887,115 Method and apparatus for implementing a video tape recorder for recording digital video signals having either a fixed or variable data transmission rate
* 5,493,456 Method and apparatus for increasing the recording time of a digital video tape recorder
* 5,668,918 Method for recording digital data using a series of adjacent heads of alternating azimuths located on a headwheel to record data at a rate that is less than the full recording rate possible using the heads
* 5,726,711 Intra-coded video frame data processing methods and apparatus
* 5,673,358 Method for generating a reduced rate digital bitstream by selecting data as a function of the position within an image to which the data corresponds
* 5,684,539 Method and apparatus for processing encoded video data to reduce the amount of data used to represent a video image
* 6,025,878 Method and apparatus for decoding both high and standard definition video signals using a single video decoder
* 6,023,553 Method and apparatus for achieving video data reduction through the use of re-encoding
6,262,770 Methods and apparatus for decoding high and standard definition images and for decoding digital data representing images at less than the image's full resolution
* 6,122,321 Methods and apparatus for reducing the complexity of inverse quantization operations
6,385,248 Methods and apparatus for processing luminance and chrominance image data
* 6,148,032 Methods and apparatus for reducing the cost of video decoders
* 6,141,486 Methods and apparatus for recording digital data including sync block and track number information for use during trick play operation
* 6,061,402 Methods and apparatus for efficiently decoding bi-directionally coded image data
* 6,167,089 Reduced cost methods and apparatus for decoding bi-directionally coded image data
6,249,547 Methods and apparatus for decoding high definition and standard definition digital video images using a single decoder apparatus
6,563,876 Methods and apparatus for decoding and displaying high definition and standard definition digital video images at standard definition resolution
7,173,970 Methods and apparatus for decoding and displaying multiple digital images in parallel
7,295,611 Methods and apparatus for decoding and displaying different resolution video signals
Please note there is up to 60 days of latency in this Status indicator for certain status conditions. You can obtain up-to-date Status indicator readings by ordering PAIR for the file.
An application with the status "Published" (which means it is pending) may be recently abandoned, but not yet updated to reflect its abandoned status. However, an application filed less than one year ago is unlikely to be abandoned.
A patent with the status "Granted" may be recently expired, but not yet updated to reflect its expired status. However, it is highly unlikely a patent less than 3.5 years old would be expired.
An application with the status "Abandoned" is almost always current, but there is a small chance it was recently revived and the status not yet updated.
This priority date is an estimated earliest
priority date and is purely an estimation. This date should not be
taken as legal conclusion. No representations are made as to the
accuracy of the date listed. Please consult a legal professional
before relying on this date.