A mail metering machine having the ability to allocate postage costs among designated accounts. A bar code is assigned to each designated account and is applied to that accounts mailing envelopes. A bar code scanner is incorporated into the mail metering machine and identifies the account as the mail is fed through the machine. The amounts are totaled for each account and charged back to the account.
* 4780828 Mailing system with random sampling of postage
* 4760532 Mailing system with postage value transfer and accounting capability
* 4760534 Mailing system with postage value transfer and accounting capability
* 5375172 Postage payment system employing encryption techniques and accounting for postage payment at a time subsequent to the printing of postage
* 4796193 Postage payment system where accounting for postage payment occurs at a time subsequent to the printing of the postage and employing a visual marking imprinted on the mailpiece to show that accounting has occurred
* 4853864 Mailing systems having postal funds management
Please note there is up to 60 days of latency in this Status indicator for certain status conditions. You can obtain up-to-date Status indicator readings by ordering PAIR for the file.
An application with the status "Published" (which means it is pending) may be recently abandoned, but not yet updated to reflect its abandoned status. However, an application filed less than one year ago is unlikely to be abandoned.
A patent with the status "Granted" may be recently expired, but not yet updated to reflect its expired status. However, it is highly unlikely a patent less than 3.5 years old would be expired.
An application with the status "Abandoned" is almost always current, but there is a small chance it was recently revived and the status not yet updated.
This priority date is an estimated earliest
priority date and is purely an estimation. This date should not be
taken as legal conclusion. No representations are made as to the
accuracy of the date listed. Please consult a legal professional
before relying on this date.