A media exchange system uses a robot arm assembly to allow tape cartridges and other storage media to be shared among multiple, individual, media storage libraries. One or more media storage libraries are provided for data storage. Each media storage library has its own internal media storage facility that can be accessed at a relatively quick speed. If required, the robot arm assembly can be used to transfer media from one media storage library to another. Additional media storage cells are provided external to the individual media storage libraries. These provide additional tape storage.
* 5559982 Method and apparatus for controlling storage utilization
* 5794244 Data storage system with table-driven device selector
* 5740061 Cartridge shifting optimization in a super library
* 6085123 Pass through and load/unload for automated data storage libraries
6243332 Input/output periscope station for libraries
7162329 Automated data storage system including a moveable rail system and garage
* 6381517 Method and apparatus to analyze accessor performance
6804078 Apparatus and method to expedite data access from a portable data storage cartridge
6764037 Housing for information storage medium and method using same
7311282 Housing for information storage medium and method using same
* 2005/0103,914 Housing for information storage medium and method using same
* 8914145 Efficient movement of storage media in a storage media library
* 2014/0140,803 EFFICIENT MOVEMENT OF STORAGE MEDIA IN A STORAGE MEDIA LIBRARY
9399553 Efficient distribution and selection of storage media in a storage medium library
9701476 Efficient distribution and selection of storage media in a storage medium library
Other [Check patent profile for assignment information] (2)
* 9220180 System and methods for scalable parallel data processing and process control
* 2012/0147,558 Scalable electronics, computer, router, process control and other module/enclosures employing approximated tesselation(s)/tiling(s) or electronics and other modules from tow modules to columns, rows and arrays with optional deployment utilizing palletization for build out of existing industrial space and/or new construction with nestable wiring applicable from module and assembly level to molecular and atomic levels
Please note there is up to 60 days of latency in this Status indicator for certain status conditions. You can obtain up-to-date Status indicator readings by ordering PAIR for the file.
An application with the status "Published" (which means it is pending) may be recently abandoned, but not yet updated to reflect its abandoned status. However, an application filed less than one year ago is unlikely to be abandoned.
A patent with the status "Granted" may be recently expired, but not yet updated to reflect its expired status. However, it is highly unlikely a patent less than 3.5 years old would be expired.
An application with the status "Abandoned" is almost always current, but there is a small chance it was recently revived and the status not yet updated.
This priority date is an estimated earliest
priority date and is purely an estimation. This date should not be
taken as legal conclusion. No representations are made as to the
accuracy of the date listed. Please consult a legal professional
before relying on this date.