A method, computer program product, and data processing system for recognizing, tracing, diagnosing, and repairing problems in an autonomic computing system is disclosed. Rules and courses of actions to follow in logging data, in diagnosing faults (or threats of faults), and in treating faults (or threats of faults) are formulated using an adaptive inference and action system. The adaptive inference and action system includes techniques for conflict resolution that generate, prioritize, modify, and remove rules based on environment-specific information, accumulated time-sensitive data, actions taken, and the effectiveness of those actions. Thus, the present invention enables a dynamic, autonomic computing system to formulate its own strategy for self-administration, even in the face of changes in the configuration of the system.
* 5701400 Method and apparatus for applying if-then-else rules to data sets in a relational data base and generating from the results of application of said rules a database of diagnostics linked to said data sets to aid executive analysis of financial data
* 9129253 Workflow locked loops to enable adaptive networks to change a policy statement responsive to mission level exceptions and reconfigure the software-controllable network responsive to network level exceptions
8001527 Automated root cause analysis of problems associated with software application deployments
7996814 Application model for automated management of software application deployments
7954090 Systems and methods for detecting behavioral features of software application deployments for automated deployment management
7900201 Automated remedying of problems in software application deployments
* 7870550 Systems and methods for automated management of software application deployments
* 7865888 Systems and methods for gathering deployment state for automated management of software application deployments
* 7788536 Automated detection of problems in software application deployments
7490073 Systems and methods for encoding knowledge for automated management of software application deployments
8170975 Encoded software management rules having free logical variables for input pattern matching and output binding substitutions to supply information to remedies for problems detected using the rules
8180724 Systems and methods for encoding knowledge for automated management of software application deployments
Please note there is up to 60 days of latency in this Status indicator for certain status conditions. You can obtain up-to-date Status indicator readings by ordering PAIR for the file.
An application with the status "Published" (which means it is pending) may be recently abandoned, but not yet updated to reflect its abandoned status. However, an application filed less than one year ago is unlikely to be abandoned.
A patent with the status "Granted" may be recently expired, but not yet updated to reflect its expired status. However, it is highly unlikely a patent less than 3.5 years old would be expired.
An application with the status "Abandoned" is almost always current, but there is a small chance it was recently revived and the status not yet updated.
This priority date is an estimated earliest
priority date and is purely an estimation. This date should not be
taken as legal conclusion. No representations are made as to the
accuracy of the date listed. Please consult a legal professional
before relying on this date.