KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- This job requires a Juris Doctor Degree and bar admission and four to six years of experience as an attorney and functional knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Extensive experience litigating commercial disputes, including participating in trials, mediations and arbitrations
- Significant experience negotiating and settling pre-litigation disputes
- A proven track record of working well both in a team environment and independently with little oversight
- Relationship building, training and influencing skills to strengthen alignment with business units
- Candidate must possess good business acumen to facilitate becoming an expert in all aspects of Iron Mountain operations
- Candidate should be proactive, self-motivated and highly organized, with experience managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
This job requires an individual with good business acumen and proven success balancing legal positions and business needs.
This role does not have direct manager responsibility; however, he/she will often lead cross functional teams in managing litigation and pre-litigation disputes.
This job requires complex judgments, in depth analysis (business and legal), interpretive thinking and the ability to independently develop innovative solutions.
Nature of Impact:
Working closely with the business units and other legal team members, including the Director of Litigation, this job will help lead the strategy for assessing claims, managing litigation, setting strategy and resolving disputes.
Area of Impact:
This job directly impacts the operating and financial performance of the enterprise, representing ~$3 billion in annual revenue, as well as territory and business line performance.
This job requires very strong communication and influencing skills to negotiate sensitive issues diplomatically and manage issues with internal constituents. Must also communicate and partner effectively with other corporate capabilities, senior leadership and law firms.
The ideal applicant will have current exp. in Corporate Counsel, Litigation.
At this time we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No agencies or phone calls, please.
Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
Iron Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer