ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze third party patents to identify freedom to operate issues and plan strategies for dealing with such issues, such as recognizing patent validity and non-infringement issues and working with researchers identify design-around strategies.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications directed to biotechnology-related inventions, including monoclonal antibodies and other biotherapeutics.
- Ability to identify and analyze legal and intellectual property issues, define risks, and present clear recommendations.
- Advanced degree in molecular biology or related field (Ph.D. strongly preferred)
- JD from ABA-approved law school; good standing with state bar (preferably Illinois) Experience:
- 5-8 years in-house or law firm experience as patent attorney working in biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and prosecuting biotechnology patent applications in US and other countries around the world, and conducting freedom to operate and patent invalidity and non-infringement analyses.
- Patent Litigation experience desirable and preferred Certifications, Licenses, etc.:
- License to practice patent law
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Language:
- Must read, write, speak English with utmost fluency and skill Mathematical Skills:
- Must be able to apply basic mathematical skills for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division Reasoning Skills:
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- Must be able to use various Microsoft Office software (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Must be able to do advanced formatting. Other:
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must have strong editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate and function well in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and efficient, with good business judgment.
- A high degree of creativity and initiative is expected.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General Work Environment:
- Office space in a suite of offices Noise:
- Nothing extraordinary required Standing/Lifting:
- Nothing extraordinary required Visual:
- No special requirements Stress:
- High paced demanding environment to meet ambitious project goals Travel:
- No travel expected; however, candidate must be able to work out of Company’s Chicago, IL office and Company’s Deerfield, IL office
How To Apply
To Apply please mail your resumes at: firstname.lastname@example.org