- Litigation SPECIALIZATION
Santa Monica LOCATION
- Not Provided
- Aug 6, 2012
- Riot Games
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Associate Counsel, your legal chops and high-octane brainpower will fuel your knack for problem solving and answering tough questions. You’re confident and capable, ready to adapt in the face of the known and unknown challenges that await you. You’ll offer solid advice to fellow Rioters and help iron out any encroaching legal and regulatory wrinkles and spring into action if alarm bells ring.
• Experienced: you’ve logged three or more years in a reputable law firm environment with a focus on transactional or litigation IP or privacy; in-house gaming industry and employment law experience are pluses
• Educated: you’ve graduated law school, preferably from a top-tier school, and passed the bar in at least one state (salad and limbo count, but for different reasons)
• A gamer: your legal path runs parallel to your gamer root, giving you a unique perspective on how the law effects the gaming industry
• A cross-trainer: you’re comfortable flexing multiple legal muscles, mixing up your expertise with other legal disciplines
• A pro communicator: you’re a team player, able to collaborate with your fellow Rioters, outside counsel and the champions in lane with you
• Tackle some of the most challenging and off-the-wall legal issues that the industry can throw at you
• Advise and report to legal leadership, charting the course for big projects and long-term tactics
• Explore strange, new aspects of your profession and jury-rig solutions to unknown problems
• Manage and grease the wheels of Riot’s relationships with specialized outside counsel
• Draft vendor, licensing and publishing agreements and review patent applications and employment-related docs while complying with privacy and data protection standards
How To Apply
• Email your application with Associate Counsel | Name in the subject line to email@example.com
• Include your resume and cover letter